Saturday, January 17, 2009

Magnetic Polarization

Do you have that glitch sometimes that when you read or listen to something due to some mysterious reason you have to put it down to wait a bit. Just to wait for the right time or something - i don't know what. Well, that happened with me with the last Metallica's album. I got it about half a year ago from my friend, listened to it a coupe of times and then just blocked. Every time i was scrolling my playlist in my iPod i just passed it with a strange feeling at the back of my head.

And then yesterday i went to my gym here in Sweden and put it on. Quite bravely listened to the whole album. Feelings? Well, it's good at least to a certain extent i.e. if you listen to the first 4 or 6 songs. You feel upbeat and quite fresh. I even, at some strange point, figured out that i would like to play a bit football after half a year has passed without having actually thought about it. But then, i felt bored, i felt that i had already listened to most of the stuff that was there. It was all kind of: "...And justice for all", "Kill em all" etc. revisited. Even the riffs are repeated. And then i thought about naming of songs "All Nightmare Long" - is this cool? Not really. And what about these Unforgivens - think it's time to give up with them.

Now don't get me wrong - this is quite a good record for melancholia or something like that. The thing is, it lacks new ideas and thus progress. I'll still probably listen to it as time passes, but it is nothing special.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home